Updated: June 1, 2020
At Sports Force Parks our organization has high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests.
- Specified intervals for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas throughout the park.
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations.
- Frequent sanitation procedures for playing fields, spectator and player areas, amenities and playgrounds.
- Frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, benches and trash cans.
- In all guest interaction areas, we will have markings to promote proper social distancing.
Vicksburg Proclamation for Outdoor Sports Complexes
Click here for city specific guidelines for outdoor sports complexes.
Guidelines For Players:
- Practice social distancing while in dugouts.
- Players follow guidelines as posted in the dugouts or communicated by your coach.
- Follow proper rules for warmup areas.
- Have fun!
Guidelines For Spectators:
- Practice social distancing.
- Be respectful of all players, coaches, umpires, spectators and employees.
- Return any shagged balls to the team on defense’s dugout.
- Enjoy the game!
Guidelines For Coaches:
- Must adhere to six-foot social distancing practices.
- Must conduct daily symptom assessments by coaches and players (self-evaluation). Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- No spitting or eating seeds, gum, or other similar products.
- No touch rule – coaches should refrain from high fives, handshake lines, and other physical contact with teammates, opposing players, coaches, umpires, and fans. A “tip the cap” can be used following the game in lieu of the handshake line.
- Must ensure that players are following COVID-19-related prevention measures included herein.
- Dugout will be prepared for next team/game, wait for approval to enter.
- ONLY Players & rostered coaches allowed in the dugout.
- Distance as much as possible in the dugout.
- NO sharing of equipment.
- Players should use own water bottle.
- Sunflower seeds are prohibited.
- Spitting to be avoided.
- Keep dugout clean.
- Use trash cans.
- Foul balls returned to defensive team, coach to wipe down before put back into play.
- NO verbal interaction with umpires, maintain expected social distancing and more.
- NO post-game handshakes.
- After game, exit dugout promptly so it can be cleaned for the next team/game.
Sports Force Parks is also open for practice during the week. If your team would like to utilize a field at the park, a reservation must be made via our field reservation form. Times and space will be limited, click here for additional information.
Coming This Summer
Our team has also been working to create additional tournaments and unique opportunities for athletes to participate in their favorite sports. These events include:
- Extended summer season to run through mid-August by adding four new baseball events. | Midsummer Classic, Riverboat Rumble, Summer Slugfest and Double Play Tournament
- Magnolia Stix Summer Collegiate League for graduation HS Seniors and current college baseball players
Should additional schedule changes need to be made, the Sports Force Parks staff will contact registered coaches. If your team has questions regarding any event reservations, please contact Eric McCafferty via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick Gibert via email at email@example.com. We look forward to hosting you and your team in the near future!
Back to News